Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A Short Poem by R.H. Sin

One of the thing i love doing during my "me" time is browsing short poems on Pinterest. I used to write my own poem when I was younger. I guess those where the times when you are very attached with your emotions. It was that stage when you first had a crush and that feeling when he noticed you. It was also that stage where you experience falling in love and getting hurt.

I used to file all this poems I wrote for this one guy back in my high school days. It was actually cute but now I am a bit older, I do not really understand what I saw in him. Hahaha! I even remember writing a song for him when I'm still so into playing a guitar back then. I wonder if I still have that file. One of this days, I will have another general cleaning in one of my room and hopefully, I will find it and share it with you. 

I do not write poems as often as before. I usually write only when I feel so down just to release this heavy burdens inside me. It was my way of fighting my depression. I used to cut myself all the times whenever I feel so hurt and sad. I'm glad I was over it now. 

One of my favorite poet nowadays is R.H. Sin. His real name is Reuben Holmes. He was born in New Jersey. It was 2014 when he starts writing short satirical poems. I love the choice of words that he used in composing poems. It was a short poem but with a very strong and deep meaning. I fell in love instantly with one of the quote from his books, She Felt Like Feeling Nothing.

"sure enough
you've always been beautiful
and yet you've struggled to see this
 because society took your truth
then replace it with lies
I wish you knew
just how remarkable you are
I wish you knew
just how amazing you already were
before the world
told you who you should be"

I made a short video with this quote, you can check it out on my channel.

Youtube Channel: Everything Under The Sun <Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE>



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Short Poem by R.H. Sin

One of the thing i love doing during my "me" time is browsing short poems on Pinterest. I used to write my own poem when I was y...